Friday, September 7, 2012

Into the Woods Blog Post 1

 

I want to talk about one or two of the proverbs discussed during the play. The first proverb I want to talk about is “ The harder to get, the better to have.” One of first thoughts that come to my mind is remembering the first big purchase I made with my first check I earned on the job as a paperboy growing up. All summer long I had used my brother’s rickety and rusty, hand me down bike to labor around the neighborhood with 100 papers in my bag that was fastened to the handle bars and which tossed me around. My motivation was increased to purchase my own bike through this experience. Oh the joy I had having sweat many mornings and having forfeited the extra sleep that a young man usually has during the school-free summers. Sacrificing those things and earning that Green Diamondback 21 speed all by myself I was determined to take great care of that bike. I was the only one that could tell me the real value of that bike. Much like the Baker and  his wife as they truly earned the right to have a child. They had a remarkable experience and only they know the true value of that experience and of that child.   

0 comments: